Monday, April 23, 2012

Longggggg Weekend

This was a busy weekend for us because there was so much going on.  On Friday, we started out the day by going to the post office to order new mailbox keys because we could not find the old one.  After that, we went and got David a new shovel and went to Lilah’s doctor’s appointment.  The doctor asked us some questions about how she was doing and asked us questions.  She measured at 31 inches in height (95 percentile), 23 lbs. (75 percentile), and just under 50th percentile for head circumference. The doctor says she is very advanced for her age.  She also had 4 shots and the first two she was confused about but the last two she cried.  After that, we went and had lunch with David’s dad at Five Guys and Lilah loved eating her burger.  After lunch, we went and had pictures taken at Sears where she did some fantastic pictures (really some of her best)!  We then went back home where David tore out the front garden with his dad using his Mack truck to pull out the bushes and Lilah was fascinated by the display.  After that, we went and relaxed for a bit and had dinner at David’s parents where Lilah had fun but she was tired because we did not get out of there until after her bedtime.
On Saturday, David worked at his granddads again with his Dad, Lilah and I brought them lunch from Arby’s and I took Lilah and Dominick to Centennial Park and they had a blast.  We walked around the whole trail and Dominick and Lilah had fun on the playground (Lilah loved going down the slides).  After that, we went to a consignment shop in Ellicott City (Once Upon a Child) and we picked out a kids table for David’s parents’ house and Dominick picked out a toy for himself.  We then rode up to Lisbon and Dominick got a happy meal from McDonalds and I dropped him off at his house.  We then went home and cleaned up a bit.
On Sunday, we went to Layla’s Baptism and Lilah did not want to behave for most of the service so we were outside in the hallway for most of it except the last 5 minutes.  Then she liked how the trumpets went to the front of the room and she got a good view.  After that, we drove over to Wayne’s parents for a reception and we hung out in the basement.  Lilah kept trying to go after M&M’s and we kept telling her “no.”  She had fun with Jonathan though and at the end when they started playing music, Lilah started swaying and dancing and showing off to everyone.  After that, we went home and David put Lilah to sleep while I did homework.
Today was interesting because Lilah was out of wipes at daycare so I had to get more at BabiesRUs and bring them at lunch.  After I picked everything up, I drove over and Lilah was crying and would not let me put her down because she was tired.  I also picked Lilah up a hamburger and Dana said it was alright I could feed her with the other children and she ate a few bites.  The other children were stalking me the hamburger though and some tried to crawl in my lap.  After she ate a few bites of it, she would not let me put her down and I had to basically run out so I could get back to work.  This is why I prefer to go early in the morning because she is more willing to go to sleep or cuddle with Dana while I go to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment