Thursday, January 26, 2012

Motherhood at 9 Months

Being a mother has definitely been a whirlwind the last 9 months.  While that may not seem to be much for other mothers who have been doing this for years, it has turned my life upside down.  The best way I can describe parenthood so far it is the messiest, fun, and weirdest thing I have done so far in my life.  I will say the first 2 months were the hardest with my lovely daughter Lilah.  This is not due to getting used to the idea of caring for a baby but rather because she was extremely colicky and screamed her head off most of the day.  After that, she became someone I really enjoyed and we are having a blast ever since.  I still cannot believe she’s been turning herself over at a month, tries crawling at 2 months, crawling backwards at 4 months, completely crawling at 7 months, and trying to walk then too.  Some days, it is mind boggling that she is growing up so quickly and doesn’t fit into my arms the same.  I will say I thoroughly enjoy my daughter with everything she does including the way she has this sneaky grin that she up to something.
One thing is for sure, I have a lot of years to figure out that sneaky grin.

No comments:

Post a Comment